VP, Capture and Proposal Management (Growth), Alexandria, VA
Our client is seeking a VP, Capture and Proposal Management (Growth) for a Direct Hire opportunity in Alexandria, VA.
The Vice President, Capture and Proposal Management leads all aspects of the capture and proposal management process to ensure the successful transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award. This position is responsible for assuring a collaborative strategy that optimizes the business development aspects of Capture Management with the technical expertise of Proposal Management for targeted, competitive solutions that produce successful pursuits.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides overall management and direction to the Capture and Proposal teams.
- Participates in the development and review of capture and proposal strategies and advances a strategic plan of action.
- Develops standards and processes around proposal development and capture initiatives. Makes sure standard methodologies are in place, documented and available to all team members.
- Reviews proposal draft and final versions; determines responsiveness to RFP. Assesses thoroughness, compliance, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality and effective design and layout.
- Serves as an escalation point on all proposal, capture and marketing efforts. Obtains feedback on projects for "lessons learned." Incorporates feedback into future proposals.
- Allocates capture and proposal resources as new RFPs are presented. Remains engrained in all capture and RFP efforts.
- Mentors and coaches staff with needed knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform job requirements.
- Manages B&P budgets; works with key staff and management to plan and prepare budgets and timelines.
- Monitors capture efforts and schedules periodic management reviews on capture progress. Provides status updates and other standard reports for multiple ongoing project and proposal efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of ten (10) years' relevant experience working directly in the capture and proposal processes, with five (5) years' of supervisory experience.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills
- Skilled in facilitating teamwork and coordinating efforts for the successful achievement of goals
- Working knowledge of Government Contracting and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills with ability to exhibit a structured approach to work as well as motivate, recognize and reward staff
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organization, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with solid presentation skills and ability to write federal contract proposals
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management for planning and control of projects
- Ability to interact professionally with team members, corporate staff, and clients of all levels
- Solid ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Maryland-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job