Sr. DevSecOps Engineer, Elkridge, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. DevSecOps Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Elkridge, MD.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to client requirements.
Residency: All candidates must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Note: Will initially work remote due to current COVID-19 situation, then will be required to be on-site full time once stay at home restrictions are lifted.
Our client is seeking a Development Operations (DevSecOps) - Operations and Governance Solutions (OGS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join their team of qualified, diverse individuals to provide support services to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Function as a technical subject matter expert to support DevOps process improvements, including CI/CD Automation.
- Collaborate closely with CMS and Other MEPS vendors to develop DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Create Proof Of Concepts adopting industry best practices for CI/CD automation.
- Provide DevOps/DevSecOps Implementation and support services, including
- Application Lifecycle Management and Monitoring ( ALM )
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools ( APM )
- Cloud Infrastructure Tools,
- Performance and Security
- Software and Platform Architecture and
- Big Data
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on new tools and services and identify methods to reduce technical debt.
- Explain complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders.
- Identify issues, blockers, and implement effective solutions.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced multitasking environment, both collaboratively and independently, with limited direction and remote teams.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and five (5) years of DevOps/DevSecOps experience or ten years of related experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Experience working in AWS cloud technologies and various other tools and services provided by
- Five (5) or more years of experience in production operations settings SAFe and cloud environments.
- Must possess sharp attention to detail, have proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up/coordination activities
- Thorough understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps principles
Nice To Have
- Experience in migration of mainframe applications to AWS and scripting technologies.
- AWS with expertise in AWS SysOps administration concepts.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certifications.
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts and how to maintain the security of publicly available web applications.
- Work well under pressing deadlines.
- Experience with AWS cost optimization strategies and implementation.
- Experience with database technologies including but not limited to AWS managed database services, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, SQL, NoSQL, and Microsoft SQL clustering.
- Experience with containerization, Docker, and orchestration
- Familiarity with multiple cloud service providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP etc.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence, MS SharePoint, New Relic, Splunk & CloudTamer, GitHub.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- ITIL certification or Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- Experience with CMS/MEPS/MAPD programs a plus.
- Experience with building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job