The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Mid-Level Software Developer, Suitland, MD
Our client is seeking a Mid-Level Software Developer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Suitland, MD.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance. US Citizen or GreenCard Holder only due to government requirements.
Will work with teams of developers in an Agile environment to implement new functionality and enhancements to a federal agency's API and enterprise data dissemination system.
- 5+ years' experience working in data center product or program management or business planning, partnering with cross functional teams i.e. technical, commercial sales, policy, finance, and legal
- Knowledge of data centers technical engineering requirements
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts
- Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts
- Translate detailed design into computer software
- Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency
- Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met
- 3+ years of Java programming and web application development experience
- 3+ years of application development and implementation experience using a combination tools such as Git, Jenkins, etc
- 3+ years of experience working in Unix/Linux
- Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale DBMS and the development of complex software to satisfy design objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work equally well independently and within a varied technical team comprised of technical government staff and other on-site contractors
- US citizenship with ability to satisfactorily complete a background check and obtain a Public Trust clearance from a US federal agency.
- Experience working in a Agile environment on a federal contract
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business-related field (Mathematics, Engineering, CS, Business Administration)
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job