Automation Test Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking an Automation Test Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to client requirements.
Residency: All candidates must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Note: Will initially work remote due to current COVID-19 situation, then will be required to be on-site full time once stay at home restrictions are lifted.
The Automated Test Engineer will support the automated testing requirements of applications working as member of a cross functional Agile team. The tester will work directly with the UI/UX, BA and engineering teams to automate the testing process to gain consistency and efficiencies during the software development process.
- Experience in developing automated QA test suites and tools
- Demonstrate consultative approach to work with business analysts, UI/UX, and engineering teams to solve problems
- Participate as core member of Agile team across all planning, analysis, design, development, and testing activities including participation in all scrum ceremonies
- Proficient developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases for complex domain models such as workflows, data migration and web-based applications
- Exposure and familiarity with TDD and BDD
- Experience working in micro-service based architectures / REST-based APIs
- Ability to review complex code and write unit test cases
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting database systems
- Ability to work across projects to understand complex interaction between services
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Develop/improve existing test automation frameworks or stand up new test automation frameworks under guidance of senior test leads
- Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality, but quality of testing and feedback to engineers
- Develop efficient and effective qualitative methods, measures and guidelines in order to continuously improve quality processes and practices
- Experience supporting user acceptance testing efforts by user training and developing test artifacts
- Minimum 5 years experience with development and scripting languages
- Minimum 5 years experience with test automation tools such as Jasmine, Karma, Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, etc.
- Experience integrating test automation frameworks into a CI/CD pipeline
- 3 years experience with SQL, PL/SQL, etc.
- Multiple years experience with source control systems like Git
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field applicable to software testing
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of agile software development and ability to work in agile team environment
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job