Deputy Project Manager, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Deputy Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to client requirements.
Residency: All candidates must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Note: Will initially work remote due to current COVID-19 situation, then will be required to be on-site full time once stay at home restrictions are lifted.
The Deputy Project Manager will assist with facilitating one or more technology product delivery teams, assisting in delivery of products and systems from initiation through implementation.
- Managing one or more software product maintenance and IT consulting teams to effectively carry out required tasks
- Manage all technical activities of the program Delivery team, including staffing, budgets and project schedule.
- Coordinate development of project scope, impact assessments, business and functional requirements, system design artifacts, detailed work plans, and projects dashboards.
- Facilitate Release Management activities, which includes coordinating the design, building, and configuration of all planned, emergency, and ad hoc releases.
- Meet and engage with the CMS client and other CMS stakeholders face-to-face, via telephone, and through email to establish relationships, understand requirements, and communicate accomplishments or issues.
- Facilitate projects through their normal life cycle, from initiation to closure, using sound project management disciplines, such as Agile and DevOps.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and clear instructions to team responsible for the execution of task orders.
- Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all deliverables.
- Add to and sustain the Risk and Opportunity Register.
- 5+ years of Project Management Experience to include Healthcare/CMS experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Experience in Data and Applications delivery.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Skilled in Agile and Waterfall method.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
- Healthcare/CMS experience is preferred
- PMP Certification
- JIRA/Confluence experience
- CSM Certification
- SAFe Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job