Lead Digital Services Engineer, Elkridge, MD
Our client is seeking a Lead Digital Services Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Elkridge, MD.
Will initially work remote due to current COVID-19 situation, then will be required to be on-site full time once stay at home restrictions are lifted.
The Lead Digital Services Engineer will be involved and engaged with a variety of levels within the program supporting our client's CMS customer. You will bring an innovative and dynamic approach to transform working with their customers and partners in a collaborative fashion to drive end-to-end digital transformation in CMS. This will include, but is not limited to, helping CMS develop digital service strategies, adopt digital services best practices, and evolve their agile development product teams into high performing units within a digital services environment.
As a Lead Digital Services Engineer you will provide technical thought leadership to senior CMS executive and technical leaders in key disciplines such as agile methods and best practices, product line management, end-to-end services design, workflow design, and integrated architecture development (business, data, technical, and security). Your role will assist CMS design innovative services and products that make a meaningful impact on the day to day work of everyone involved in the program.
- Provide strategic thought leadership on establishment and evolution of digital services practices in a government environment
- Lead development of DS vision, strategies, sequencing roadmaps, and implementation approaches
- Lead development of techniques, methods, and practices – including tailoring best practices to align with customer constraints where necessary and accelerate their adoption
- Engage with senior executive and technical leaders to drive buy-in, ownership and adoption within CMS organization units and contractor partners
- Advise and coach product delivery teams on how to effectively adopt key principles from the U.S. Digital Services Playbook, focusing on user needs, delivering iteratively, and using modern technology stacks
- Collaborate with government contractor partners to drive consistency of practices adoption
- Identify workflow, process automation and digitization approaches within CMS’ multiple contexts
- Analyze CMS business requirements/needs, operating model, current processes and formulate approaches and roadmaps to evolve those from a DS transformation perspective
- Ability to direct and communicate the execution of Product Delivery and Management and a level understanding of implementing Objective and Key Results (OKR’s).
- Proven experience in leading complex transformation engagements in an agile fast-paced environment
- Clear understanding and expertise in Digital Transformation, Digital Services techniques and practices; the full breadth of Digital Service Lifecycle and how to effectively implement
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse stakeholder groups and reconciling competing needs
- Ability to help government and contractor partner decisions makers balance risks and their mitigations against compelling business drivers, speed to market, agility, and performance in a government context
- Ability to operate effectively in environments where the ability to influence and persuade is at a premium and formal command and control structures may not be fully effective
- Ability to drive coordination and handoffs across workstreams, product lines, and organizational boundaries
- Impactful outcomes attained thru developing, enhancing, and delivering digital service capabilities
- Ability to translate DS theory, practices and methods into practical application that drives rapid value realization
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills
- 5 years Digital Service Experience
- 10 years General IT experience
- Experience with United States Digital Services, 18F, or similar contexts
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Strong Product management and Software Engineering background
- Understanding of how to apply human centered design and design thinking principles
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job