UI/UX Designer, Elkridge, MD
Our client is seeking a UI/UX Designer for a contract to hire opportunity in Elkridge, MD.
Will initially work remote due to current COVID-19 situation, then will be required to be on-site full time once stay at home restrictions are lifted.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into user interfaces.
- Create thoughtful and usable product wireframes, flows, information architecture, prototypes, and mock-ups.
- Successfully communicate ideas, design, rationale, and usage guidelines, both verbally and visually.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to refine the user experience and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Maintain a design system to allow rapid iteration and delivery.
*** Selected candidate should have a strong combination of at least 3 of the following skills: Figma, InVision, Balsamiq, and/or Adobe Creative Cloud?
- BS or equivalent experience in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors, HCI, HCD, etc.
- 3–5 years interaction design experience across a variety of digital channels.
- Understanding of 508 accessibility requirements.
- Agile and/or Lean knowledge and experience.
- Portfolio of design and/or research artifacts.
- Fluent with design tools (e.g., Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, etc.).
- Fluent with prototyping tools (e.g., InVision, Axure, Framer, Marvel, Proto.io, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, along with experience in interacting with customers, analyzing requirements, and presenting to stakeholders.
- Proven ability to analytically address complex problems, process critical data, establish facts, and draw quality conclusions.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and clear a Public Trust at minimum, per contract requirements.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in the healthcare IT industry.
- Demonstrated strong cross-organization communication skills with both business and technical stakeholders to effectively communicate business benefits and influence technical decisions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines and ambiguity on some projects.
- Proficiency with front-end UI development (e.g., Angular JS) a plus but not required.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job