The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Business Analyst, Elkridge, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst for a contract to hire opportunity in Elkridge, MD.
Our client is seeking a Sr Business Analyst to conduct user research, draft user stories and meet with product owners to validate and enhance them:
- Coordinate and facilitate exchange meetings to determine needs of customers, as well as to determine the impact of changes
- Create wireframes for the user stories and review them with users and gather feedback
- Collaborate with Visual/UI designer and add/update stories based on user response
- Work with the scrum master, customers and developers to write user stories which are independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small and testable
- Utilize requirements and other supporting documents to author ICDs (Interface Control Documents)
- Documents workflows and processes based on requirements.
- Document requirements and provide final technical review and validation of requirements
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Provides training and demonstrations as required.
- Oversee requirements tracking process, assign requirements to the appropriate service provider, and communicate status to customers
- Support the collection and reporting of requirements related metrics
- Verify completion of requirements with customer and service providers, ensuring expectations are appropriately met
- Responsible for ensuring user stories include validation criteria which reasonably covers all areas necessary for complete testing of the new functionality
- Act as an interface and customer advocate to ensure customer, stakeholder and user needs are being addressed.
- Collaborate with and support developers during their design and development efforts to provide support for their analysis of the story
- Provide additional support and guidance to clients during the implementation phase to include development of training resources
- Participate as a member of the development team
- Improve and expand knowledge and skills sets with regards to current trends and changes in software development industry and be up to date with latest design trends
- Proactively contribute to the quality of the product by seeking and proposing new or alternate approaches to address the requirements
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint reviews, scrum meetings and other agile activities
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- 5+ years of relevant applications/systems requirements and modeling experience.
- 3+ years of experience on the technical aspects of applications development projects through the full system development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Experience in modern requirement gathering techniques, including creation of user stories, epics, and themes.
- Experience with agile, iterative cycles (sprints).
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all security plans and deliverables.
- Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Works with limited supervision.
- CMS Experience or other Health IT government agency experience
- Fee For Service (FFS) desired but not required
- Experience in Human Centered Design approach for developing digital services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Proficient in Dev/Ops tools specially JIRA
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job