The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Human Centered Design Practice Lead, Remote/Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Human Centered Design Practice Lead for a direct hire opportunity. Can be remote with occasional on-site requirements in Woodlawn, MD.
As the HCD Practice Lead, you will be involved and engaged from a variety of levels within the program. You will bring an innovative and dynamic approach to transform working with our customers and partners, uncovering and understanding user needs and insights, identifying new opportunities, and facilitating workshops on the path to co-designing innovative tools and processes that make a meaningful impact on the day to day work of everyone involved in the program.
- Mature the HCD practice while continuously improving the organization's ability to deliver great design work
- Mentor and lead other design team members
- Clearly articulate a vision for possible approaches and desired outcomes for our customer
- Help develop our organization's approach/method to implement service design
- Create an understanding of customers’ journeys, using tools such as service design blueprints or journey maps
- Plan user research studies and synthesize insights
- Lead large, cross-functional teams through the design process
- Participate in team meetings and discussions around product development
- Work as a consultant within a larger team or independently.
- Communicate professionally and transparently
- 6+ years related Human Centered Design work experience, preferably with some experience in government or innovation-focused teams
- 2+ years of direct or matrixed supervision experience (leading other teams)
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Service Design, Anthropology or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Experience communicating the value of HCD to team members who have not experienced the process
- Experience building relationships, and using soft power to lead initiatives
- Strategically minded, yet empathetic
- Understanding of common software development practices (Agile, SAFe, Lean, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented and comfortable with data
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team-building culture.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job