The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Mid-Level Business Analyst, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Mid-Level Business Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
As the Business Analyst you will work as part of an integrated team. You will produce business requirements in the format required by the customer, work with the customer to understand their business needs, and contribute to suggestions for improvements in technical and customer support aspects of the project. Responsible for auditing Health Care transaction complaints for compliance with federal coding regulations and guidelines.
What is in it for you?
- The Business Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. The analyst is expected to also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality.
- This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
- This job requires an experienced analyst who can collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions. The candidate will be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis best practices, tools and methodology towards standardization of deliverables and procedures, and collaborating with Development and QA Leads to uphold and improve Agile processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher; preferred in a technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software in the Health industry.
- 4 or more years of experience in healthcare software implementations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong consultative and advisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Familiarity with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions.
- Axure RP wireframing tool.
- Business Analysis certification is a plus.
- Experience working on software development projects using Agile methodologies.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job