Scrum Master, Remote/Woodlawn, MD or Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Scrum Master for a contract opportunity.
This is primarily a remote position with on-site requirements once a week in either Woodlawn, MD or Manassas, VA, depending on individual's location.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who enables teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. The Scrum Master supports and enforces the Scrum process and other rules that the team has agreed. The Scrum Master partners with the product owner, stakeholders and team to meet committed project goals that support business objectives. The Scrum Master also helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
- Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset. Helps the teams embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices.
- Work with the team and the Product Owner to develop Lean Business Cases, backlog grooming, and preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt.
- Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up for Scrum & Kanban teams, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Engage with the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Leads a Scrum team or teams for configuration and product deployment. Performs project management functions for engineering projects in alignment with the required Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework and methodology.
- Ensures that PMP practices are observed in the execution to projects.
- Conducts monthly technical reviews with government staff and provides recommendations to improve effectiveness, increase efficiency, and reduce costs based on the planning and analysis results.
- Establishes and maintains best practices to provide directions and guidance of how to utilize technology and its capabilities.
- Drives the application of ITIL based standards and processes to ensure effective delivery of services. Assists in the analysis of the current infrastructure and architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Prepares reports and presentations, both scheduled and ad-hoc.
- Ensures correctness of and uploads all project deliverable, reports and other artifacts to designated collaboration website.
- Monitors and reports on scope of work, milestones and contract spending.
- Interfaces with customer on a regular basis to ensure that expectations are being realized.
- Serves as the single point of contact in the event that difficulties or questions arise or changes occur in the technical environment and project approach.
- Directs communications, work assignments, and technical direction flow between the client and the Scrum team.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT Infrastructure service delivery
- 6+ years leading IT project teams with at least 3+ year as Scrum Master
- Must have successful experience reporting and communicating status and progress to stakeholders (e.g., estimates, velocity, burn down charts, etc.).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution skills.
- Able to handle multiple at times competing priorities and appropriately balance delivery and expectations with all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborative leader who promotes resource growth and has a proven track record of delivery
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job