The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Business Analyst, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst for a contract opportunity in Manassas, VA.
The Business Analyst (BA):
- is responsible for supporting a team of Project Managers to derive system functional and non-functional requirements for the Health Care Quality Information Systems (HCQIS) Infrastructure and Data Center Support (HIDS) contract.
- is responsible for working with project teams and partners and interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- interprets requirements to ensure the implemented system functions as required; and is responsible for coordinating Requirements Change Requests (RCR) impact analysis.
- highly skilled and proficient in the BA discipline.
- conducts complex work important to the organization and typically works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- assists less experienced Business Analysts, as needed.
- Drives the requirement discussions with customers and partners of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Interacts effectively between client and project teams to clearly articulate design, implementation and testing needs.
- Primary point of contact for requirements for the project team(s).
- Validates and provides closing the requirements with customers.
- Acts as the Product Manager during the requirements discovery, scrum calls and maintains product backlog(s).
- Interacts with Architects and Leads for any clarity on requirements on the technical front during scoping of a project.
- Maintains project plans and report statuses on a regular basis.
- Elicits, documents and manages requirements through planning and execution.
- Creates acceptance criteria and obtains approval from the customer.
- Maintains traceable requirements. Works with the user community to define and optimize business processes to maximize productivity.
- Creates/maintains requirements specifications for new and existing systems based on customer feedback, and internal input.
- Performs verification and validation of requirements and supports UAT users performing acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Related Work Experience: 6-8 years.
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: One or more is preferred: IIBA BA II-CCBA, PMI-PBA, PMI-PMP, PMP-ACP, SCRUM.
- Working knowledge of Agile practices and principles.
- Ability to work independently on a complex task with very little supervision and management oversight.
- Ability to interact and collaborate in a large team environment.
- Ability to understand the healthcare quality domain, its terminology and its place in the healthcare system.
- Experience with decomposing Business Requirements from User Stories into Use Cases, WireFrames, System Requirement and Technical Requirements.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience using ServiceNow, Confluence, JIRA, Visio, and other requirements and analysis related tools.
- Demonstrated leadership ability on a cross-functional team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job