The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Cybersecurity SME, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Cybersecurity SME for a contract or contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
NOTE: Will require 2-3 days of on-site work.
Provide strategic and tactical support to the CMS Division of Cyber Threat and Security Operations.
- Lead support for the definition, implementation, and overseeing of enterprise security services (including shared) and capabilities
- Focused on operations management of Security Operations Center with tool optimization, tool recommendation, oversee implementations, vendor management (implementation, project management). Does not require expertise in one specific tool, but needs to have broad experience with what tools can do, how to optimize them, the latest and greatest, and oversee tool functionality. Some in play are Splunk, BURP Suite, Nessus, ForeScout, BigFix, etc.
- Lead support for the definition, implementation, and overseeing of cloud security services (including shared) and capabilities
- Support the development of strategies and processes for optimizing the coordination of HHS department wide and CMS agency-wide security operations and threat intelligence sharing and coordination efforts such as threat intel, incident response, and pen testing coordination activities
- Develop processes for implementing best practices for incident response, incident management, incident investigation, threat management, and other SOC capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Business Administration, Healthcare or related field and 10 years of experience
- Strategic and forward thinker - 5+ years of proven customer relationship management skills. Stellar project and task management skills. Extensive experience in the delivery of products, activities and reporting on time, with accuracy and that continuously exceeded customer expectations.
- Requires an understanding of security tools. Does not require expertise in one specific tool, but needs to have broad experience with what tools can do, how to optimize them, the latest and greatest, and oversee tool functionality. Some in play are Splunk, BURP Suite, Nessus, ForeScout, BigFix, etc.
- Enterprise and cloud Security services and Operations skills – 10+ years’ experience in the deployment and operation of enterprise and cloud security services to include operational visibility/CDM, enterprise logging, patch management and cyber hygiene, incident management, digital media and malware analysis, penetration testing and network security monitoring, information sharing, and cyber threat intelligence
- Situational Awareness – experience in creating situational awareness reports for a SOC, executive (C-level) reports, JIRA agile management/reporting, developing metrics across multiple tools and sharing information in a structured, standardized manner.
- Management / Communications – 7+ years’ experience working with senior information security officials, ability to communicate effectively, consultant skills (listening, understanding requirements, delivering what the customer wants), FFRDC experience would be preferred but not necessary.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job