The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Systems Engineer, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
- The Senior Systems Engineer helps to oversee and works at the design, developing, and engineering activities on new and existing systems and subsystems, technologies, equipment, and tools.
- Works at testing, simulations, and analysis.
- May recommend design improvements and changes and is the go to person to troubleshoot escalated system hardware, software, and communication systems issues.
- Researches, evaluates, and applies new development methods and reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization and works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Designs, develops, and engineers activities on new and existing systems and subsystems, technologies, equipment, and tools. Helps to manage the direction and focus of the team in order to maintain systems availability. Mentors and challenges employees to achieve excellence and high standards.
- Provides expert level systems and troubleshooting support when required to resolve issues. Mentors less experienced engineers and offers solutions to problem issues.
- Coordinate and liaise with organizational and cross functional teams in support of contract.
- Provides administrative support for new implementations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Mentors Systems Engineers new to the organization or at a lower level.
- HS Graduate or GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Related Work Experience: 6-8 years.
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Proven experience and effectiveness in support of a larger diverse desktop and client/ server environment.
- MCSE, MCITS, CISSP or relevant experience.
- Customer focus with demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of common Network Operating Systems, Desktop Operating Systems, and Email Server Systems, Microsoft Windows Systems, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Exchange 365, Strong Knowledge of Symantec Altiris, Windows SCCM.
- Working knowledge of Virtual Desktop Environments the support of its infrastructure and user base.
- Working knowledge of other server-based software packages including Symantec Endpoint, Backup Exec, and NetBackup.
- McAfee Ironmail experience or experience with enterprise level anti-spam, anti-virus, and web-filtering products, is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware 5.X, 6.X, 7.x Operational Support, VMware Horizon View 6 Engineering and Operational Support.
- Knowledge of SAN and vSAN technologies.
- Knowledgeable of NIST, FISMA and ARS security policies and guidelines required.
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud Computing concepts is preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job