The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Unix/Solaris Systems Administrator, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Senior Unix/Solaris Systems Administrator for a contract to hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
- The Senior Unix/Solaris Systems Administrator performs the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of networks and computer systems with UNIX/Solaris operating systems, sets up user accounts on organization's servers, runs necessary system backups and provides technical support/problem resolution on local area networks (LAN) and data networks.
- May perform some programming and may be responsible for script writing.
- Highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization and works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Mentors staff on best practices for performing routine patching work and server maintenance.
- Responsible for supporting all UNIX servers in the enterprise environment, physical and virtual for Solaris OS.
- Assists in developing, documenting, and performing maintenance plans, assist with engineering efforts, test step-by-step instructions for performing maintenance and upgrade tasks.
- Performs scheduled weekend and after-hours work, as well as after-hours emergency work, as required
- Tests, documents, and implements new products in compliance with security policies.
- Related Work Experience: 6-8 Years.
- Experience with Solaris 10 involving configuration, best practices, and common troubleshooting.
- Prior experience upgrading LDAP servers.
- Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL management concepts.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of common Network Operating Systems, Storage Area Networks, Desktop Operating Systems, and Email Server Systems, Microsoft Windows Systems, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Working knowledge of other server-based software packages including Symantec EndPoint, BackupExec, and NetBackup.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job