The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Windows System Engineer
Our client is seeking a Sr. Windows System Engineer for a contract opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- The Sr. Windows Systems Engineer is responsible for engineering/supporting the administration of Windows server environment running on VMware Virtual Platform. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the operations, on-going and new IT Initiatives and upgrades, evaluation of new software, and engineering support for all production, staging, development, and disaster recovery environments.
- Will also manage the appropriate configuration baseline of operating systems, software applications, and security compliance; will work with monitoring tools, active directory; assess and interpret requirements of systems and applications in relation to hardware, software and operational needs; will implement efficiencies through automation (leveraging PowerShell, Power CLI, and batch jobs to automate manual and repetitive processes)
- Will investigate new technologies and provide recommendations on system improvements and life cycle planning.
- Cloud experience is a plus as is any technical project management. Will be part of the On-Call rotation.
- Core Skills:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 Desktop
- VMware: Management/Maintenance
- Requirements Analysis & Mapping
- Change/Configuration Management Protocol & Guidelines
- Monitoring: Splunk/Dynatrace/SCOM/HP SAAS/Solar Winds/AppDynamics (One or more)
- Active Directory: GPOs, Audits and Analysis
- Data Center or Cloud experience
- Documentation: Visio Diagrams/Playbooks/Runbooks
- Supports specifications of client/server systems and applications
- Installs, maintains, configures, and supports client/servers, networked computers, and related systems
- Troubleshoot Server software, operating system (OS), and client-server application problems
- Excellent Communications Skills to both Technical and Non-Technical customers
- Desired Skills:
- Azure or AWS Experience or Working knowledge
- STIG Microsoft, VMware, SAN and other applications
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SQL 2008/2014/2016
- SCCM (IAVAs and Patching)
- Storage: EMC, NAS, NetBackup, Cohesity
- Experience in the implementation and management of backup appliances and systems
- Linux experience
- Nutanix or related Hyperconvergence experience
- Networking: Enterprise Routing/Switching/Firewalls
- DR/COOP Testing/Implementation
- Manage Web servers to use certificates for authentication, digital signatures, and encryption
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicant selected will be subject to a security background investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for a Federal Government Public Trust clearance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job