The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Infrastructure Project Manager, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager for a contract opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- Typically oversee all aspects of the project, leading a team on large projects or a significant segment of large and complex projects.
- Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project.
- Provide applications systems analysis and long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources.
- Commensurate experience and education for the specific level.
- This Technical Project Manager position will own, manage and drive assigned IT Infrastructure projects to their successful completion.
- Will also build relationships with key customer stakeholders to understand business requirements/priorities that drive their IT needs.
- The qualified candidate must have experience in managing large scale enterprise Infrastructure projects in areas such as Data Center Migrations/Consolidations, Server Storage and Backups, Cloud Computing, Virtualization/Hyperconvergence, Windows Server Upgrades, etc.
- Ensure deliverables/milestones in project plans are achieved within cost, schedule, scope, quality and delivery.
- Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in project management disciplines, as well as multiple business processes and/or technical areas.
- Follow Project Management Framework to execute projects ensuring compliance with all deliverables and stage gate reviews.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- 7+ years of experience managing IT service delivery projects in an enterprise class environment
- Recent, technical hands-on experience with some of the following: Microsoft Windows Servers, VMware vSphere, Nutanix, Cohesity, Solarwinds, HP hardware, McAfee ePO, Active Directory, EMC VNX, NetBackup
- Experience in Cloud services projects such as Microsoft Azure Cloud/Amazon AWS deployment, management and migration
- Recent, demonstrated practical expertise with practices including ITIL/ITSM Service Management, Microsoft Operations Framework, SLA management
- Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain client relationships
- Experience in managing budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and priorities
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools
- Demonstrated expertise with PMBOK
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- PMI/PMP certification for project management
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, or other related technical certifications
Applicant selected will be subject to a security background investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for a Federal Government Public Trust clearance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job