The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Desktop Support Specialist (Windows & Mac), Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist, supporting Windows and Mac systems, for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Bethesda, MD. Metro accessible and parking available.
Excellent mid-level opportunity to advance within an organization supporting this 5+ year contract!
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, lead tasks, manage deskside support tickets involving both Windows and MacOS / devices, and ensures performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- May coordinate incident / problem resolution for outages and multi-user issues with the Service Desk.
- Provides excellent service and customer support onsite and during field visits or dispatches.
- Provides deskside support to end users, including laptop / mobile equipment delivery, use-instructions and troubleshooting.
- Handles on-site installation, repair, maintenance and testing tasks, sometimes using “remote hands” or “smart hands” techniques.
- Diagnoses errors or technical problems and determines proper solutions.
- Follows all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperates with technical teams and shares information across the organization.
- Comprehends customer requirements to make appropriate recommendations and build positive relationships with customers.
- BS or the equivalent combination of experience and education with user-centric Windows/Apple IT support and / or IT help-desk
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, provide assistance on-call when necessary
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
- ITIL® Certification
Apple Support: experience supporting domain joined Mac devices in enterprise environment Familiarity with GSA environment and administrative processes
- 2+ years experience performing to SLAs
- Working knowledge of VPN and Citrix for remote access
- Working knowledge of images and imaging desktops and laptops
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group policies, and networking
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- Experience supporting and maintaining user account information, including rights, security and systems groups.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting server and network issues
- Technical certifications
- Good experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Prior experience supporting NIH
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job