The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Project Manager, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Project Manager for a long-term (3-5 years) Contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
The State of Maryland – Department of Assessments & Taxation (SDAT) is embarking on a major information technology development project named Strategic Enterprise Application Network (SEAN). SEAN’s objectives are to redevelop mainframe applications and manual processes into customer-centric, automated cloud-based applications.
- Will serve in a lead project governance capacity as part of the State’s project team and provide support throughout the project life cycle.
- This Senior Project Manager will regularly interface with state and local governmental personnel, internal stakeholders, subject matter experts, and vendor(s) who will provide development services.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- The Project Manager shall define and develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements and monitoring, manage the team in making business decisions relating to system implementation, modification and maintenance; and develop and update business process documentation for testing and training management.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments; removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define, manage a well-defined project management process, and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for agile project management.
- Team Building –Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution; and encourage a sustainable working pace in order to achieve the highest quality of work.
- Conduct meetings with the SEAN team to ensure an understanding of current practices and methods used.
- Use standard project performance metrics to assess and evaluate the program.
- Aid in the implementation and facilitation of the use of agile tools, guidelines and metrics in order to achieve a standardized approach to agile team project execution.
- Agile Investment and Impact Report - Draft an Agile Investment and Impact Report that describes the actual outcomes of the Agency’s agile program effort to include the outcomes against the approved plan, goals and objectives.
- Agile Maturity Assessment - Review and report on the Agency’s agile program and process to determine the current state of agile maturity within the Agency. This review shall specifically address the project and program teams; integrated program teams; stakeholders’ involvement; organization, processes and organizational structure; and tools at both the Project and Program Office levels. The Project Manager shall document their findings and the current state of agile maturity of the Agency. Following completion of the Agile Maturity Assessment, the Project Manager shall draft an Agile Assessment Report that outlines findings in terms of people, processes, tools and technology portfolio, to include identification of strengths.
- Review and report on the Agency’s agile program and process to determine the current state of agile maturity within the Agency. This review shall specifically address the project and program teams; integrated program teams; stakeholders’ involvement; organization, processes and organizational structure; and tools at both the Project and Program Office levels. The Project Manager shall document their findings and the current state of agile maturity of the Agency. Following completion of the Agile Maturity Assessment, the Project Manager shall draft an Agile Assessment Report that outlines findings in terms of people, processes, tools and technology portfolio, to include identification of strengths.
- General Management Activities – Be responsible for monitoring the overall cost, control, adherence to schedules, and technical quality of work; support any needed requirements reviews; and provide procurement support as needed.
- Propose and conduct periodic discussions (both formal and informal, telecom and face-to-face) with Agency stakeholders (and/or delegates) in the form of Technical Exchange Meetings, collaborative development sessions, program reviews and design reviews as required. The Project Manager shall create meeting minutes summarizing the discussions held in the meetings.
- Prepare and provide technical analysis reports as directed by the Agency to support discussions.
- Upon approval by the Agency, coordinate with external organizations, as necessary, to support their development activities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Information systems or a related discipline.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in project management.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least 3 successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL database development experience with strong fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing Agile scrum team with developers, testers and DevOps team using Agile processes and practices.
- Experience managing an IT development project where federal tax information was on the system and the system had to meet the requirements of IRS Publication 1075.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job