The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Deskside Support Technician, Baltimore, MD.
Our client is seeking a Deskside Support Technician for a Contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
- Designs, develops, programs, installs, implements, conducts research for, and maintains internal data processing computer systems and utilities, and/or for customers on a contract basis.
- Analyzes internal or external customers' needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems; develops customized solutions to customer/user problems.
- Establishes system parameters and formats; ensures hardware/software compatibility; and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- May make programming changes as required to adapt or enhance existing or new programs and/or utilities.
- Maintains supplied software packages for internal users.
- Analyzes new hardware to determine its need or application in the existing or proposed system; advises on new techniques and estimated costs associated with new or revised programs and utilities, taking into consideration personnel, time, and hardware requirements, and makes trade-off analyses; develops general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- HP Desktop Certification, Dell Hardware certification, A+, Network+, MCSE, CCNA, Apple Certification, Remedy and/or SNOW experience, Blackberry and BES Server experience.
- The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment. The position is a highly customer focused environment to provide system administration and proactive support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) Deskside Support environment.
- Perform specific duties as an on-site Deskside Support Technician through a flexible tiered team approach in support of the infrastructure operations, hardware, software and mobile devices.
- The candidate will work as a seasoned technician providing on-site technical support leading to issue resolution for all standard local and network printer hardware and all software applications installed on the PC desktops, laptops, tablets, iPad and Mobile Device Management (i.e. Blackberry, iPhones, iPad, MiFi, Aircards) in the CMS environment.
- The candidate will utilize Remedy, Service Now (SNOW), Active Directory, TEMS, Windows 7 and Windows 8, Exchange/Outlook, Imaging Computers, McAfee, Checkpoint, AnyConnect, Apple Products and other enterprise software.
- The candidate will perform work assigned by management and team lead with a customer focus approach and an ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
- Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting and working with other technical functional groups i.e., Service Desk, Network, Server, EUA, Security and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues, PC's, network\local printers and mobile devices supported by Deskside Support.
- In addition candidate will perform other Desktop Support related duties as assigned.
- Will perform work assigned by management and team lead with a customer focus approach and an ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System (OS) and Windows 8.
- PC Troubleshooting.
- BB Administration and BES Server.
- Apple and/or MAC experience.
- Remedy Ticketing System and/or Server Now (SNOW).
- System Administration.
- Network troubleshooting.
- 4 years of Deskside Support Experience.
- 4 years or Network Printers and/or Network Printer Repairs.
- Candidate must have one of the following A+, Network +, CompTIA Security + or MCSE, CCNA Certifications, Apple Certification (any type of MS IT certification).
- Understand all networking principles, through a process oriented approach, ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills, good working knowledge of MS Outlook and e-mail messaging.
- Candidate must be well organized, technical knowledge of various software installs, PC, laptop, tablet and desktop hardware including mobile device.
- Must be able to lift computer equipment, and provide 24x7 on call rotating support.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to demonstrate excellent working knowledge and technical knowledge of Windows Operating System (OS) and Windows 8, MS OMS Office 2007, 2010 and 2013, wireless communications and various mobile devices, Remedy Ticketing System and/or Service Now (SNOW), Active Directory and TEMS and other enterprise software.
- Candidate must have experience keeping track of assets deployed by the technician and updating records in Remedy and/or Server Now (SNOW).
- Candidate must have experiences with desktop applications, network and desktop printers and other hardware devices.
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills, a team player, adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and willing to go the extra mile in a fast pace environment to service the customer with a positive attitude.
- The candidate must be flexible in an effort to duplicate these support duties at other surrounding client locations periodically within a 5-10 mile radius in addition to Bethesda and Washington, DC Office.
- Understand protocol standards, XP, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP and have familiar with or have working knowledge of U.S OMB federal policy, HIPPA, and other federal regulations geared towards ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job