The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Data Engineer, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
The Sr. Data Engineer's mission will be to guide this platform’s development so that it becomes the engine of a healthcare-wide transition to value-based care by enabling effective data sharing, analytics, performance transparency, and value-based payment.
- Expected to provide hands on software development support for a large data warehouse project, hosted in a cloud environment.
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight to projects within a team.
- Be a mentor to junior and mid-level engineers.
- Enforce high-quality coding standards and practices via reviews and by demonstrating this in their own work.
- Be able to help others break down large team goals into specific and manageable tasks.
- Be involved and supportive of agile sprint model of development, helping to enforce the practice and the discipline.
- Able to work efficiently and pro-actively across engineering teams to enable us to deliver on our goals of loosely coupled, adaptable, scalable solutions.
- Have a good understanding of where their project fits into the larger goals for engineering and adapts their work so that the priorities of the systems they are creating match those of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Scala, and Python
- Experience software development in a team environment
- Experience with one or more software version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion)
- Experience software development on a team using Agile methodology
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and techniques (e.g continuous integration, Jenkins, Puppet, etc)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark)
- Preferred experience with big data tools (e.g. Databricks)
- Very strong SQL skills, experience with Parquet files
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, with the ability to break down problems and generate shared understanding across technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in enterprise software or healthcare-related domains.
- Preferred knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare and Databricks - notebooks
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job