The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Strategic Communications Specialist, Washington, DC
Our client is seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist for a contract opportunity in Washington, DC.
Our client partner is accelerating innovation to improve the quality of health across our nation, for every individual. They are working to create transformational change in health in three ways: through data, people in partnership, and pioneering innovative new delivery systems that level the playing field for every citizen.
They are looking for an accomplished marketing and communications professional to join their team. The Strategic Communications Specialist will partner with leaders to develop and execute strategic communications plans to build and enhance the organization's brand and further their public interest mission. The selected candidate will work with Sr. Executives and across business units and functions to create and refine overall approaches to best position, differentiate, activate and express their value.
- Act as a trusted communications consultant, collaborating with Directors and Officers across Health portfolios and programs to lead communications strategy, planning and execution across all touch-points.
- Think creatively and critically to help teams develop simple, integrated and elegant approaches to complex strategic communications issues.
- Help teams advance and manage their strategic communications plans within and across portfolios, with an eye on competitive positioning across target audiences to advance the organization's work in Health.
- Support teams in building strategic public/private partnerships where strategy and IT meet the citizen.
- Develop strategies, campaigns and assets for key senior executives that can support key programs and activities.
- Stay abreast of strategic communications, marketing, communications, and product trends and issues, best practices and case studies to enhance their knowledge base.
- Recommend and conduct appropriate communications research.
- Write and edit messages, presentations and reports for executives and senior management about company and business unit direction.
- Provide support to public affairs duties that could include: developing proactive media strategies to showcase key programs, responding to press inquiries, scheduling and coordinating interviews, and developing effective measures of success where appropriate.
- Manage projects and supervise graphic designers, writers, photographers and videographers to create effective pieces for print and online distribution.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced, high profile atmosphere.
- Occasional overtime and travel needed, including weekends.
This individual must excel at:
- Translating complex systems and ideas into easily understood themes and messaging, including strategic and creative briefs, POVs, talking points, memos, scripts, speeches and blogs.
- Problem solving, ownership of work, storytelling and driving successful strategic communications strategy execution.
- The detailed work of building a communications strategy, and sound knowledge of the different channels to engage the audience.
- Collaboration with an emphasis on reaching consensus with multi-functional teams.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Stakeholder and project management.
- Public speaking.
Desired hands-on experience:
- Experience managing medium to large strategic communications campaigns nationwide.
- Experience supporting C-Level executives with ace communications.
- Public Sector Agency experience (Healthcare experience a plus), ability to leverage existing media contacts.
- Knowledgeable about IT; strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, take and mitigate risks.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job