The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Our client is seeking a Cloud/DevOps Architect for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
The Cloud/DevOps Architect focuses on DevOps and CI/CD initiatives leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across government programs. The Architect works within a hybrid Cloud and on premise Data Center environment and effectively harnesses the power and versatility of Cloud and DevOps technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Works closely with Developers and Engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and ensures effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure.
- Monitors technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements.
- Analyzes systems and performs usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements.
- Evaluates the impact of changes or additions between systems, applications, and services within the environment. Produce DevOps Strategy to meet customer strategic goals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: ITIL required; CISSP, AWS or Azure Certified Solutions Architect, VCP, RHCA desired.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps technology trends and standards, both from a business and technical viewpoints.
- Experience in DevOps architecture, CI/CD, and platform automation
- Understanding of software development processes and principles
- Solid understanding of Security / Information Assurance best practice
- Experience with public cloud technologies including AWS and Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.).
- Experience with automation and configuration management using tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or equivalent;
- Experience with source control using GIT or similar (CVS, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration environments using Jenkins or similar
- Experience designing and implementing container infrastructure, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL)
- Application Development and Maintenance (including a basic understanding of various programming languages, and SOA).
- System Integration and Management (including multiple SDLC methodologies, CMMI, and IEEE);
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux;
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment (AWS, Azure, VMware, etc.).
- Experience in scripting using one or more of the following languages: Java, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job