The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Software Engineer, Annapolis, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Annapolis, MD.
Will work as part of a co-located Agile team to design, develop, test and troubleshoot various telecom and enterprise software applications. This individual is expected to have strong analysis, debugging and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn and contribute to overall team growth.
- Develop C++/Java code for high performance, distributed and scalable applications utilizing best engineering practices.
- Define component architecture based on stories created by Product Owner from customer requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineers on design, implementation, estimation, planning and code reviews.
- Evaluate feasibility of design/architecture by developing rapid prototypes or a minimum viable solution.
- Review specifications, ICDs and other documentation related to the applications.
- Create and execute unit and integration test cases.
- Diagnose, debug, and fix application operational issues in a timely manner.
- Assist deployment and production support teams to work through customer escalated issues and provide resolutions and root-cause analysis.
- Create documentation for architecture/design work completed.
- Participate actively in Agile software development activities, including scrums, planning, and retrospectives.
- Comply with organizational policies and procedures to meet ISO guidelines adopted by the company.
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience with one or more programming languages.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and especially data structures, algorithms, design patterns, OOA and design.
- Proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification (C++11), including templating and STL.
- At least 3 years of software development experience in C/C++ on Linux/Unix is required.
- At least 1 year of working experience with Java programming is required.
- Experience developing multithreaded software for distributed and highly available systems.
- Hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux command line and comfortable with common bash commands is required.
- Comfortable using debuggers and memory profiling tools like Valgrind.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases. PostgreSQL and REDIS preferred.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, LDAP, JSON, Git, Maven, make, perl, node.js
- Experience working with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, FishEye, Crucible).
- Proficient in Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies and experience with Cloud-based services such as Openstack, distributed messaging system like Kafka is a plus.
- Some familiarity with Docker, Ansible, Packer, Yum, Jinja is a plus.
- Sport a positive attitude with drive and self-motivation.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently multiple projects and tasks.
- Have curiosity to acquire new skills and find novel solutions to complex problems.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications). MS is a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job