The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Windows Systems Administrator/Server Administrator, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator/Server Administrator for a long-term contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- The candidate will provide various network/system administrative support and will be responsible for managing modern server and Windows OS technologies, building, installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
- Duties may include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
- Will work within an ITIL environment.
- Perform advanced Windows 2008/2012 server administration, server builds, and troubleshooting support.
- Handle escalations and high priority problems to resolve individually.
- Troubleshoot/resolve customer, technology or operational issues.
- Achieve successful outcomes and maintain focus and high performing customer support services.
- Independently develop solutions, approaches, or make recommendations to resolve a wide range of complex problems.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. ·
- Proficient knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 NTFS and share permission, inheritance, file ownership.
- Proficient knowledge of Remedy/Service Now (SNOW) Ticketing System.
- Proficient working knowledge of Group Policies/Login scripts troubleshooting/reporting GPS’s.
- Proficient understanding of Infrastructure services; DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Proficient working knowledge of Active Directory Group/User Object Manipulation.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job