The Health EIT End User Operations Manager will support our client's mission, leading the day-to-day direct on-site operational execution, coordination, planning, and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services for end user services and experience supporting enterprise IT customers, primarily in the commercial health marketspace initially.
The ideal candidate for this position manages the operations and all necessary aspects of planning, implementing, transitioning, operating and maintaining the desk side support, multi-site end users, service desk, NOC/NCC, and end user infrastructure services across multiple enterprise IT programs.
- Conducts and refines operations through synergy and common tools/process across all services for long-term efficiencies.
- Sustains continuous operations across the enterprise.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the operations and maintenance of enterprise hardware and software supported at end user primary sites or in remote sites.
- Responsible for multi-site end user operations with DR/COOP capabilities.
- Formulates and reviews project plans, determines cost, and ensures conformance to work standards.
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates.
- Able to evaluate proposed information systems to determine technical feasibility with specified technologies, cost for implementation and operation, as well as functional adequacy.
- Demonstrate ability to manage a team composed of end user operations and engineering personnel.
- Responsible for operational direction and development of cost and operational models to align with customer’s changing regulatory and operational needs.
- Serve as the central point of contact to interface with customer management personnel and other officials relative to end user operations.
- Lead a group of administrators and engineers, and ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews enterprise operations deliverables.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to the team.
- Direct and/or participate in high-level troubleshooting/analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development.
- Applies high-level business and technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at creative maintenance solutions.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
- Coordinate with program managers and commercial health care consultants to develop, implement, and monitor processes and procedures to efficiently and successfully operate.
- Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high service levels for the user community.
- Utilize metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery.
- Maintain customer satisfaction and meet SLAs.
- Meet regularly with customers, ensure compliance with customer requirements and scope, and address performance concerns expeditiously.
- Provide proposal support and related documentation for Health Technology line of business.
- Assist in the development of new solutions and proposal ideas by seeking industry best practices and collaborating with internal SMEs.
- Foster an environment of collaborative communication with all internal and external partners.
- Ensure timely delivery of all support, maintenance, and enhancements, removing any obstacles to completing work as scheduled.
- Perform risk analysis of the operational environment, and communicate via the Risk Management process.
- Provide leadership on the integration of all products with a focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Perform management duties, to include: providing guidance on technical solutions, developing and refining support methodologies as well as administrative functions.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Demonstrated experience relative to oral and written communications with all levels of management for planning and control of operations and projects.
- Experience leading large scale IT solutions for federal government or commercial healthcare clients, including end user services, desk side support, service desk, NOC/NCC, hardware and software.
- Experience leading IT multi-disciplined staff.
- Information Technology experience, with experience in managing multiple teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with the management and supervision of employees of various labor categories and skills, including subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the highest levels of management.
- Demonstrated experience with managing performance metric contracts that must conform to SLAs.
- Current knowledge of systems design, circuit delivery and telecommunications requirements analysis, including capacity planning and interface integration.
- Direct experience working with healthcare providers.
- 2+ years experience providing similar support in a commercial healthcare system environment
- Previous federal IT operations experience
- Six Sigma Training at a Green Belt level or greater
- ITIL Certified
- Project Management (PMP) Certification
- EVM Experience/Certification
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.