This position will play a substantial role in supporting growth and execution of the Health Enterprise IT strategy within our client's company, with a focus in the commercial health marketspace. The candidate must be a tactical and strategic leader of supporting technical and business teams in creating competitive and compelling enterprise technology solutions that will result in delivery of innovative solutions as well as expansion into new areas to support business growth. Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions. The Solutions Architect may function as a chief engineer, a solutions strategist, or external-facing thought leader as business needs dictate.
This position may require roughly 25% travel and offers some remote work options.
- Provide senior technical leadership to the Enterprise IT team on multiple bids, programs, and projects that require an in depth understanding of and past performance with enterprise solution development and implementation ranging from data center infrastructure and end user services to health system application support.
- Provide technical leadership on programs that involve re-architecting the operating environments and computing platforms on which multiple healthcare systems function.
- Work closely with business development teams and operations and engineering staff to support the adoption of the technical solutions that will become part of future business initiatives.
- Develop and be responsible for strategic components of overall architecture, concepts of operations, and incorporation of an inter-operable framework supporting customer business process requirements.
- Serve as the solution design lead/expert for multiple concurrent bids and continually define the next generation operating environments for our health customers.
- This position involves developing IT-based solutions to customer mission needs, technical and business strategy, leading proposal technical activities, engaging other teams as needed, and writing proposal responses, white papers, and technical opinions.
- The candidate will use their knowledge of the healthcare environment, business systems, and EHR workflows to develop and shape architectural solutions and lead system design activities.
- The candidate will use their knowledge and experience in data centers, application hosting, and cloud architectures to develop and shape architectural solutions and lead system design activities.
- The right candidate will embrace innovation as a means to improve customers’ ability to better achieve their missions.
- Design and engineer healthcare technology solutions including software selection, sizing, configuration and related work such as hosting.
- Provide pre-sales support towards identifying opportunities and capturing them including creating collateral.
- Analyze market trends and develop approaches/solutions to meet customer requirements and identify potential partners that can add value to the services we offer.
- Proactively perform tasks with minimal direction and requirements while tackling additional needs as they arise.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to defining, developing, and providing cost data for capabilities, service offerings, and associated catalogs and go-to-market activities.
- Demonstrable familiarity with healthcare systems, architecture, and user experience
- System architecture and design skills
- Strong communication/presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lead teams
- Ability to engage customers to understand their needs and expectations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Experience in developing hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience in designing solutions that include Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Experience in creating solutions to improve data center operations
- Experience in developing improved customer experiences
- Strong understanding of networks, security, and application management
- Broad familiarity with the enterprise technology products market
- Exposure to Federal healthcare applications, platforms, systems, and infrastructure
- Familiarity with Federal Enterprise Architecture frameworks (FEA, DoDAF, HHS, CMS) and supporting modeling tools and understanding federal and commercial healthcare related standards
- Understanding and experience with HIPAA, NIST, FEDRAMP, and other guidelines and regulations
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Deep understanding of EHRs, interfaces, and associated third party solutions
- Software development
- Competitive proposal writing
- Open systems and mainframe integration
- ITIL certification
- Experience designing systems and applications that have cloud architectures
- 5-7 years of healthcare background
- Current and extensive knowledge of solution development processes, tools and applications
- Ability to define next generation operating environment
- Background with an understanding of common services for enterprise infrastructure, systems, and applications
- Highly socialized individual with excellent interpersonal skills, good presentation, communication and team building ability
- A proven ability to document a customer requirement from solution definition to implementation and operation
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.