The Health Enterprise IT Team has an opening for a Program Manager to lead one to multiple significant healthcare contracts, based out of Baltimore, MD (flexible), supporting commercial healthcare customers.
Travel may be required depending on contract and customer requirements. Remote options also available.
- Manage contract, operations and all necessary aspects of planning, transitioning, operating, and maintaining full enterprise IT for commercial health systems from data center infrastructure through end user experience and EHR/third party application support.
- This person may be responsible for multi-site coordination and management.
- Coordinates planning and operation of all contractor support activities.
- Responsible for formulating, managing, and enforcing work standards, assigning schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Formulates and reviews project plans, determines cost, and ensures conformance to work standards.
- Assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates.
- Ensures compliance with contract requirements and successful operational support of staff with a range of expertise in a healthcare environment.
- The individual will also serve as the central point of contact to interfaces with end user escalation points and primary customer management personnel, contracts/legal staff, and other officials relative to program performance.
- Lead the development of infrastructure and application support strategy, architecture, service delivery standards, and procedures for the enterprise.
- Analyze and predict trends and develop long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the operations specific to the Customer environment and taking in to account Industry trends.
- Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high service levels for the user community.
- Utilize metrics, key performance indicators, and service level measurements for driving the performance of Enterprise IT service delivery.
- Responsible for implementing the EIT strategy for logical follow-on work to this program and shaping for key target initiatives.
- Evaluates proposed enterprise information technology to determine technical feasibility with customer specified technologies, cost for implementation and operation, as well as functional adequacy.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Demonstrated experience relative to oral and written communications with all levels of management for planning and control of projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage a shared team composed of infrastructure and application/systems experts in the healthcare field
- Experience with healthcare system users, applications, processes, procedures and policies
- Experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders in a health environment
- Demonstrated experience in planning, directing, and managing the execution and performance of IT and application operations on a medium to large program of similar scope and responsibility
- Demonstrated experience with the management and supervision of employees of various labor categories and skills in a complex, medium to large HIT program
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Demonstrated experience with managing performance metric contracts that must conform to service level objectives and positive end user experience
- Excellent communications skills
- PMP certification
- Service center and associated management experience
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a fast-paced environment with few requirements
- Ability to successfully execute with changing and minimal direction
- Six Sigma Certification at a Green Belt level or greater
- ITIL Certified
- Direct operational experience with multiple EHRs and engines
- Direct operational experience within a multi-site healthcare system
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.