This position will play a substantial role in supporting growth and execution of the Health Enterprise IT strategy for our client, with a focus on cyber security initiatives in the commercial health marketspace. The candidate must be a tactical and strategic leader of supporting technical and business teams in creating competitive and compelling enterprise technology solutions that will result in delivery of innovative solutions as well as expansion into new areas to support business growth. Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in cyber security IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions. The Cyber Solutions Architect may function as a chief engineer, a solutions strategist, or external-facing thought leader as business needs dictate.
This position may require roughly 25% travel and offers some remote work options.
- Provide senior technical leadership to the Enterprise IT team on multiple bids, programs, and projects that require an in depth understanding of and past performance with enterprise solution development and implementation ranging from data center infrastructure security and end user services protection, investigation, and forensics to health system security application support. Provide technical leadership on programs that involve re-architecting the security posture and framework of operating environments and organizations in which multiple healthcare systems function.
- Work closely with business development teams and operations and engineering staff to support the adoption of the technical solutions that will become part of future business initiatives.
- Develop and be responsible for strategic components of overall cyber security architecture, concepts of operations, and incorporation of an interoperable framework supporting customer business process requirements.
- Serve as the solution design lead/expert for multiple concurrent bids and continually define the next generation of cyber security for our health customers.
- Lead architecture definition of complete defensive Cyber security solutions covering the lifecycle from Early CONOPS, to requirements development, technical planning, system integration, analysis of alternatives, verification and validation, design, build, cost , deploy, and sustainment.
- Produce defensive cyber security technical roadmaps that advance the technical baseline and address both the technical and the business factors. Lead engineering assessments, hands-on trials and selection of investments for SOCs, Cyber Analytics, Network defense, Data Center defense, Cloud and End Point Defense, and evolving capabilities, such as micro-segmentation and advanced strategies for cyber security.
- This position involves developing IT-based cyber solutions to customer mission needs, technical and business strategy, leading proposal technical activities, engaging other teams as needed, and writing proposal responses, white papers, and technical opinions.
- The candidate will use their knowledge of the healthcare environment, cyber security, business systems, and EHR workflows to develop and shape solutions and lead system design activities.
- The candidate will use their security knowledge and experience in data centers, application hosting, and cloud architectures to develop and shape architectural solutions and lead system design activities.
- The right candidate will embrace innovation as a means to improve customers’ ability to better achieve their missions.
- Design and engineer healthcare cyber solutions including software selection, sizing, configuration and related work such as hosting.
- Provide pre-sales support towards identifying opportunities and capturing them including creating collateral.
- Analyze market trends and develop approaches/solutions to meet customer requirements and identify potential partners that can add value to the services we offer.
- Provide deep domain expertise in one or more areas of cyber security. These include Cloud Security, Risk Assessments, Security Architecture and Engineering, Threat Intelligence, and Security Operations: Vulnerability Management; Incident Response; Active Defense; Identity & Access Management; Secure Application Development; Penetration Testing; Computer Forensics; Risk Management Framework; Network Design; Policy; SOC Operations; and Disaster Recovery
- Proactively perform tasks with minimal direction and requirements while tackling additional needs as they arise.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to defining, developing, and providing cost data for capabilities, service offerings, and associated catalogs and go-to-market activities.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrable familiarity with healthcare systems, architecture, and user experience
- Cyber security framework expertise and experience
- Broad IT Knowledge base with key Defensive technologies and tradecraft to include but not limited to: HBSS, IPS/IDS, Firewalls, Proxies, encryption, SIEM, Defensive Cyber Operations
- System architecture and design skills
- Strong communication/presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lead teams
- Experience estimating technical and operations costs within the cyber solution
- Ability to engage customers to understand their needs and expectations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Experience in developing hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience in designing solutions that include Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Experience in creating solutions to improve data center operations
- Experience in developing improved customer experiences
- Strong understanding of networks, security, and application management
- Broad familiarity with the enterprise cyber technology products market
- Exposure to Federal healthcare applications, platforms, systems, and infrastructure
- Familiarity with Federal Enterprise Architecture frameworks (FEA, DoDAF, HHS, CMS) and supporting modeling tools and understanding federal and commercial healthcare related standards
- Understanding and experience with HIPAA, NIST, FEDRAMP, FISMA, and other guidelines and regulations
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Deep understanding of EHRs, interfaces, and associated third party solutions
- Software development
- Competitive proposal writing
- Open systems and mainframe integration
- ITIL certification
- DoD 8570 / CISSP certification
- Experience designing systems and applications that have cloud architectures
- Experience developing strategic roadmaps for Cyber Security services and providing technical oversight to ensure developed solutions, satisfy customer and business requirements.
- 5-7 years of healthcare background
- Current and extensive knowledge of solution development processes, tools and applications
- Ability to define next generation operating environment
- Background with an understanding of common services for enterprise infrastructure, systems, and applications
- Highly socialized individual with excellent interpersonal skills, good presentation, communication and team building ability
- A proven ability to document a customer requirement from solution definition to implementation and operation
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.