The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Linux Engineer, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Linux Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
The Senior Systems Administrator supports a large healthcare contract in the Baltimore area of over 1300 Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) hosts.
- Build, configuration, and tuning of Linux operating environments
- Performance of maintenance including emergent fixes and mitigation, routine patching, support of system tests, and other scheduled operations.
- Configuration of systems to run successfully in multiple differing environments.
- Update and maintenance of monitoring, deployment, and other tools (scripts).
- Participate in resolution of incident, service request, and change request tickets.
- Provide advisory support on Unix/Linux systems and operational impact of changes.
- Monitor Unix/Linux systems for anomalies and investigate impact related patterns of usage
- Provide analysis of reporting on Unix/Linux resources in areas including security, capacity, and availability.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or 9 years of professional experience.
- RHCSA, RHCE, or deep understanding of technical subjects covered in these certifications.
- Operational familiarity with RHEL Satellite
- Operational familiarity with Oracle Enterprise Linux or Solaris
- Deep understanding of operating system concepts including file systems, processes, and permissions
- Extensive experience with virtualization technologies including VMware.
- Deep fluency in shell programming/scripting skills including bash/ksh, python, and/or perl
- Experience with network and system monitoring via tools such as Nagios.
- Experience with optimization and reconfiguration tools, particularly MFITS.
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols such as HTTP, ssh, and NFS
- Experience managing software repositories
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job