Technical Firewall Engineering Manager, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Technical Firewall Engineering Manager for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
This Technical Firewall Engineering Manager will immediately provide strategic and tactical support to the existing team of 12 Firewall, Proxy Services and VPN team members that support multiple government customer contracts. The environment supported consists of 300+ applications running in 4 data centers.
Position will entail approximately 70% hands-on technical and 30% management:
- Manage the performance of the team and team members while optimizing the team structure and procedures;
- Enhancing engineering capabilities and requirements evaluation;
- Enhancing operational processes for fulfilling service requests, supporting incident management, and developing BOEs and BOMs for proposals;
- Ensuring continual documentation updates to the application flows, the knowledge base, and topology diagrams;
- Provisioning team training, cross-training, and lunch & learn sessions;
- Tracking metrics and SLAs for work performed;
- Ensuring utilization of industry best practices and FISMA standards;
- Enhancing internal audit procedures;
- Managing the inventory of hardware, software assets, changes, and configurations;
- Utilizing appropriate tools to manage and monitor the infrastructure capacity and performance
- Supporting development of proposals that require changes;
- Automating provisioning and testing of changes to improve quality and timing of implementation;
- Upgrade hardware, software, and firmware to N-1 level
- Coordinating with other stakeholders and internal Service Areas (including Data Communications, Voice Communications, Unix, Wintel, Storage, Data Center, NCC, Mainframe, etc.);
- Working with program leadership to identify and address existing operational issues and forecast emerging issues
- 12+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Firewall implementation knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications.
- Experience engaging with mid-level customers.
- Experience with technology supported: Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5, RSA, Blue Coat Proxy.
- Knowledge of services supported: Enterprise VPN, IPS/IDS Services, DR, BCP, and XML Gateway.
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job