The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Firewall Engineer, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Firewall Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
The Senior Firewall Engineer will provide strategic and tactical support to the existing team of 12 Firewall, Proxy Services and VPN team members that support multiple government customer contracts. The environment supported consists of 300+ applications running in 4 data centers.
- Managing the design and implementation of firewall, proxy, and VPN solutions in conjunction with team members and the data network team;
- Optimizing the functions and performance and Firewall, Proxy and VPN environments;
- Working with the team members on defining and achieving successful implementation of solutions;
- Enhancing engineering capabilities and requirements;
- Supporting processes for fulfilling service requests, supporting incident management, and developing BOEs and BOMs for proposals;
- Providing continual documentation updates to the application flows, the knowledge base, and topology diagrams;
- Perform within the metrics and SLAs of work performed;
- Utilizing industry best practices and FISMA standards;
- Verifying the inventory of hardware, software assets, changes, and configurations;
- Utilizing appropriate tools to monitor the Firewall, Proxy and VPN capacity and performance
- Providing requested engineering information for proposals required changes;
- Designing changes to improve quality and timing of implementation;
- Engineering the upgrades of hardware, software, and firmware to N-1 level
- Working with other stakeholders and internal Service Areas (including Data Communications, Voice Communications, Unix, Wintel, Storage, Data Center, NCC, Mainframe, etc.)
- 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Expert-level firewall implementation knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications.
- Experience engaging with mid-level customers.
- Experience with technology supported: Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5, RSA, Blue Coat Proxy.
- Knowledge of services supported: Enterprise VPN, IPS/IDS Services, DR, BCP, and XML Gateway.
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job