The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Wintel Systems Administrator, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Wintel Systems Administrator for a long-term contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment and be responsible for providing Wintel technical support for multiple enterprise data centers.
- Handle escalations and high priority problems to resolve individually or engage other functional groups in discussions as needed to resolve or further troubleshoot customer, technology, or operational issues.
- Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems (i.e. Network Drive mapping, log inspection, systems enhancements and etc.) for both internal/external customers including vendors.
- Manage Windows Server 2008/2012 for a large user base environment.
- Build, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot VMware ESX Hosts on HP Bladeframes.
- Support several hundred Virtual Machines in both the production and development environments.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Bachelor or Associate degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years or more of professional experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server technology for a minimum of 5+ years.
- Basic knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 server administration, server builds, troubleshooting and support.
- Knowledge of Service Now (SNOW) Ticketing System.
- Basic understanding of Group Policies/Login scripts troubleshooting/reporting GPO’s.
- Basic understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job