The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Desktop Operations Lead (Enterprise Environment), Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking a Desktop Operations Lead for a contract opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- Typically oversee all aspects of the project, leading a team on large projects or a significant segment of large and complex projects.
- Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project.
- Provide applications systems analysis and long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources. Commensurate experience and education for the specific level.
- Lead a team of 10-20 in the day-to-day delivery of best practice desktop engineering and end user support services for an enterprise environment of 3000+ Seats (Laptops, Desktops, Macs), and 1000+ mobile devices.
- The qualified candidate will be a senior level hands-on technical operations manager with best practice experience in enterprise desktop service, deployment and management.
- Oversee end user support services including service requests, moves/adds/changes, and trouble ticket resolution in an enterprise class environment, secure baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations.
- Provide senior level technical advice, consultation, and guidance by analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements, research and implement new technology to service the client and the team while staying up to date on the latest solutions, and communicate with the vendors to ensure the best option is provided.
- Oversee multiple technical projects and project teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices, identify reoccurring issues, and work with IT and business partners to proactively remediate issues using problem management techniques.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and validation sessions with stakeholders as they relate to current environments and future trends.
- Manage cross functional teams to deploy best practice IT service solutions and promote structured software engineering and process improvement initiatives across an enterprise.
- Design deployment solutions for Enterprise-wide rollouts and upgrades.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an enterprise environment, secure baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations.
- Excellent track record of organizing and leading teams of technicians in a Desktop Operations environment to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Experience providing Windows/Mac desktop engineering and support services in an enterprise class environment (at least 1000+ users).
- Understanding/knowledge of the following: TEM/BigFix, SCCM, GPOs, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Bitlocker/MBAM, Casper/Jamf, Powerbroker, Windows 7/10 and Office 365.
- Recent, demonstrated practical expertise with practices including ITIL/ITSM Service Management, Microsoft Operations Framework, SLA management.
- Able to develop and continuously improve operational processes and practices.
- Ability to guide the team and directly assist in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop stable core, standard desktop images – and departmental overlays.
- Ability to lead a team in developing rigorous testing disciplines to ensure stable computing platforms.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices.
- Ability to identify recurring issues and work with IT and business partners to remediate using the problem management processes.
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document requirements, including validating requirements with stakeholders.
- Ability to design deployment solutions for Enterprise-wide rollouts and upgrades.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- ServiceNow experience.
- PMI/PMP certification for project management.
- Microsoft A+, MCSE, or other related technical certifications.
- BA or BS degree in an IT related major
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job