The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Information Security Senior FISMA Analyst – Deputy Team Lead, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking an Information Security Senior FISMA Analyst – Deputy Team Lead for a contract opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
Seeking a security professional with experience in managing, implementing and communicating Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) compliance for the Federal government. The Senior Analyst is responsible for helping to build and mature the agency’s Information Security Program by focusing on the Risk Management and Security Authorization activities in accordance with the applicable National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 series guidelines and the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS). The Analyst will report to the Team Lead while serving as the Deputy Team Lead. He/she will perform and manage tasks related to the entire Assessment and Authorization (A&A) lifecycle.
- Serve as Deputy Team Lead by working closely with the A&A team members on ensuring quality and consistency across daily operational activities and tasks. Work closely with the Team Lead to report on operations while engaging in ad hoc and proactive tasks required to improve the overall performance of the A&A Program.
- Ensure that all key reports and metrics are effectively communicated to the team members and Management, as well as across the entire Agency.
- Train and Assist System Owners, ISSOs and other Stakeholders in understanding documentation and reporting requirements. Review completed templates to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Develop and update the information systems security documentation templates (e.g. System Boundary development, System Security Plan (SSP), Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, Business Impact Analysis, FIPS-199, eAuthentication, Privacy Threshold Analysis, etc.) based on changing NIST and federal guidance
- Respond to multiple customer inquiries regarding A&A utilizing a ticketing system; ensure timely and complete responses occur
- Help coordinting remediation of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) across the organization
- Develop and process waivers and exceptions for information system weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Develop capabilities briefings and presentations in support of the program
- Coordinate with ISSOs across the organization to ensure timely compliance with Federal and organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to obtain a public trust
- BS or BA degree
- Detailed knowledge of NIST security standards and compliance measurements
- Extensive working experience in the application of FISMA guidelines including the NIST special publications 800-18, 800-30, 800-37, 800-39, 800-53, 800-53A, and 800-60
- Leadership and/or Management of an A&A Team in a Federal Agency
- Strong customer-service attitude, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong in-person, writing and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years of experience in information security, FISMA, A&A, Risk management, or related discipline
- 10+ years of overall experience
- High aptitude for learning (self-study and as a part of a team)
- Understanding and implementation of Ongoing Authorization and Continuous Monitoring
- Experience with Archer GRC solution
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job