Technical Project Manager, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Technical Project Manager with a focus on IT security for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
The Project Manager-Technical (PM) oversees the full project management lifecycle for the implementation of strategic IT and business initiatives on a large program. The PM-Technical is responsible for the management of key technical projects with the goal of delivering on-time, within budget, and within scope. The PM-Technical manages, executes, coordinates, and establishes priorities for complete lifecycle of projects, including the planning, design, development/programming, implementation, testing, and delivery of business solutions.
- Plans overall technical project plans, identifying key milestones as part of project/product lifecycle; organizes project information to communicate clearly with team, management, and stakeholders
- Executes and monitor project schedules and work for efficiency and effectiveness; manage change and scope, and drives progress to achieve project plan within time, budget and resource constraints; manage project meetings with team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manages development of project/product deliverables, including software code and infrastructure, if appropriate; coordinates the release plan and execution or project/product deliverables; coordinates demos and launches activities with stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Project reporting to present project information, status, and updates, including issues and risks. Closely tracks projects with weekly and monthly status meetings/reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: ANSI 17024 security related certification
- Related Work Experience: 4-6 Years
- Demonstrated experience working across the full technical project/product lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Project and Office creating and managing project schedule
- Experience as a Technical Project Manager for small to medium projects using Integrated Project Teams
- Knowledge of project management best practices (e.g., PMBOK)
- Understanding of critical paths, milestone identification, and project dependencies; facilitation of issue resolution across project teams
- Demonstrated experience managing communications between infrastructure teams and software development teams and technology consumers, if appropriate
- Prior federal contracting experience a plus
- Knowledge of a specific technical area, e.g., architecture, design, programming, testing, or operations.
- PMP preferred
- Prior experience leading IT Security projects is a plus
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job