The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Staff Accountant, Annapolis, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Staff Accountant for a direct hire opportunity in Annapolis, MD.
Provides accounting support to the Director of Finance and Manager of General Accounting and Financial Reporting. This includes maintaining the general accounting system, preparing the financial statements and budgets for the Health System, and completing other tasks as determined by management/director of the Finance department.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and other necessary/requested financial information in a timely manner.
- Supervises the staff accountants and accounting assistant. This includes assistance with solving problems, and taking an active role in staff development.
- Compiles and assists the Manager, Budgets in the preparation of the Annual Budget, including coordination with appropriate personnel for entities under his/her responsibility.
- Responsible for the monthly general ledger closing and maintaining the general accounting system (e.g. account reconciliations, review daily cash summaries, preparation of journal entries).
- Analyzes actual vs. budget variances on a monthly basis and confers with the Manager, General Accounting and Financial Reporting and Director of Finance on all material variances. Investigates variances by communicating with appropriate personnel of entities.
- Analyzes accounting systems and procedures, making recommendations to the Manager, General Accounting and Financial Reporting for improvement of internal controls or processes when necessary. Documents accounting systems/procedures.
- Assists management staff in resolving expense management problems when accounting clarification is needed.
- Assists external auditors and prepares all necessary audit schedules for entities.
- Prepares other financial analyses of entities when requested by the Director of Finance and Manager, General Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Responsible for accumulating information for tax preparers to ensure timely filing of various tax returns (e.g. Form 990, 990T, 1120), or direct preparation of tax returns in some instances (e.g. personal property).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of Accounting experience out of college.
- Heavy PeopleSoft skills to run and manage reports.
- Experience with audit preparation, 990 tax returns, budget analysis, and general ledger.
- Must have experience in Public Accounting (such as the big 4 audit firms: Deloitte, KPMG, PWC and Ernst and Young), Non-profits, or Hospitals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job