AWS Cloud Architect, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking an AWS Cloud Architect for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
The AWS Cloud Architect must be an expert and intimately familiar with cloud market trends. You will provide deep domain expertise regarding virtualization and cloud technologies as related to on premise and off premise private clouds, public, community and hybrid clouds. You should be well versed in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. Engineer solutions around AWS, Azure, vCloud Air and other Converged infrastructure stacks like CPS, HCP, VCE, etc.
- Promotes use of strategic solutions and offerings by the business development community and provides support to sales/proposal teams during the launch phase of the life cycle. Participates in solution selling activities to ensure that marketing plans align with sales and launch plans.
- Researches existing business environment including trends, best practices and company preferred architectural frameworks and alliances to ensure company services match business trends. Suggests appropriate upgrades or relevant solutions to enhance company competency in meeting changing business needs.
- Facilitates reduced risks to client and company; manages solution profits and losses; participates in solution business plan creation; monitors solution financial performance against plan; assists in preparing financial models to ensure that client interests are met.
- Identifies business requirements; evaluates concepts such as market timing, compelling event and problem identification to ensure that delivered solutions meet both short and long-term company and client business performance expectations.
- Develops, defines, promotes and oversees larger or more complex strategic solutions, architectures and offerings (either global or industry-specific) by combining business, solutions, sales and marketing expertise.
- Deep knowledge of AWS, VCloud Air, and other cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of cloud management technologies such as CliQr, Agility, vRealize, ServiceNow, Cloud Checkr, VM Turbo and others.
- Experience with cloud system and application migration and generation of related business case.
- Knowledge of security standards such as FedRamp, Fisma and SRG.
- Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Redhat Openshift, Cloud Foundry, Docker is preferred.
- Knowledge designing CI/CD tool chain, PaaS, and enabling DevOps in a cloud environment.
- Relevant certifications in cloud architecture and cloud service providers
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job