EMC Isilon Storage, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking an EMC Isilon Storage Engineer for a Contract-to-Hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
Seeking an experienced Storage Engineer to join a highly functioning IT consulting team supporting the scientific research environment at the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI). In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across a wide breadth of storage technologies, collaborating with all areas of the IT infrastructure team.
In this role, you will support IT infrastructure storage; Isilon and 3Par storage environment leveraging Linux/UNIX/HPC, Windows OS and multiple databases (SQL/ Oracle); EMC Networker, EMC Data Domain and Quantum library backup environment. Expansive EMC Networker, EMC Data Domain and Quantum library experience is required. You will also collaborate with multiple Data Centers and OS [Linux/ OSX/ Windows] as well Oracle/ SQL DBAs and associated project managers. This is a customer service focused environment with the business needs of a scientific environment, mandating high reliability and 24 x 7 up time.
- Responsible for configuration, layout and performance tuning of storage infrastructure.
- Responsible for storage infrastructure system management including capacity planning, snapshots, performance monitoring/ tuning, security management, etc
- Provide infrastructure support for projects including planning, installations, configurations, and upgrades; work with requisite teams to ensure smooth project deployments through completion
- Setup and maintain fiber channel switches
- Insure backups are in place using EMC Networker configured with EMC Data Domain and Quantum i6000 tape library as target storage
- Participate and adhere to change management processes
- Customer Service Focus; experience discerning/ balancing business need (support Science) with allied enterprise reliability and “up-time” requirements.
- Actively monitor IT maintained systems with monitoring tools such as Check_mk and Nagios
- Be available as may be required to support monitoring alerts after hours
- Rack/ stack servers and network equipment
- 4+ years IT experience (to include a min of 2+ years of EMC Isilon storage)
- Solid hands-on experience with EMC Isilon
- In depth understanding of protocols to include NFS and SAMBA
- Experience with Data Domain for backup, RAID Inc, Brocade and Cisco technologies for SAN
- Demonstrated documentation capabilities (such as using Visio and portal applications such as wiki)
- Working knowledge of Linux (Scientific Linux, CentOS), Windows, and OSX multi-platform operating systems
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- In depth understanding of one or more storage technology fields (Fiber Channel SAN, SAS, iSCSI, or FCoE) as well high speed interconnects (InfiniBand, 10GigE, etc)
- Understanding of virtualized environments
- Ability to earn/ hold Public Trust suitability
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive, polished communication (verbal/ written) skillset
- Ability to manage scope and schedule for multiple project priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering is a plus; equivalent professional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- EMC Isilon Certified Storage Professional (ICSP) is preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job