Linux Engineer, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Linux Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
Hands on design, build, and configuration of services necessary for research computing, and underlying scripting capabilities. This role requires regular, close collaboration with Data Center, VMWare, Oracle, Storage, Backup, SQL Administrators, as well scientific investigators. This is a customer service focused environment with the associated business needs of an advanced research environment, requiring high reliability and 24 x 7 up time.
- Provide hands on design, build, and configuration of services necessary for research computing, and underlying scripting capabilities
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems
- Collaborate with other Systems Administrators who oversee the Data Center, VmWare, Oracle, Storage, Backup, SQL Administration, as well scientific investigators.
- Use strong analysis and decision-making skills to conduct briefings and participate in technical cross-functional meetings
- Focus on process and documentation with a demonstrated understanding of change and configuration management principles in support of a validated environment.
- You'll be utilizing an exceptional Linux/UNIX scope and associated project management skillset as well.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years’ experience (equivalent professional experience may be considered in lieu of formal education)
- In depth knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems, system administration tools, methodologies, and security practices; CentOS and Scientific Linux Knowledge.
- Experience managing multiple systems and in-depth understanding of one or more of the following - storage (FC, SAS, iSCSI, FCoE) or high speed interconnects (InfiniBand, 10Gig, etc), provisioning tools, etc.
- Experience writing scripts to automate processes in a production *nix environment using any of the following languages - shell, Bash, Perl, or Python
- Certifications such as RedHat Certified Engineer - RHCE (RHEL 7), CCNA & MCP are preferred
- Domain knowledge in HPC and system software such as cluster management/provisioning tools, job schedulers, MPI, etc is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, Ruby, or R) is a plus
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool such as CF Engine, Puppet, Ansible, or Chef is preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with cluster file systems (pNFS, Lustre, PVFS), and MPI
- Experience with revision control software (such as Subversion, CVS, Git) is a plus
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job