The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
VMWare Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. VMWare Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
The candidate will be a member of an Operations Team providing support for all aspects of customers VMware infrastructure and responsible for providing Wintel engineering, implementation and technical support for multiple enterprise data centers.
- Execute major changes to the Active Directory to include Organization Unit structure, Group Policy creation/modification, etc.
- Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors.
- Manage Windows Server 2008/2012 domain for a large user base in a multiple domain forest configuration. This includes Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, creation and deletion of user accounts, and managing access controls.
- Build, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot VMware ESX Hosts on many Blade Frames technologies.
- Support several hundred Virtual Machines in both the production and development environments.
- Work with application owners and developers for applications hosted on Windows and other x86 based hardware.
- Strong Engineering & Design experience of Windows/Unix environment using VMware
- Strong hands-on experience deploying and managing ESX Host VMware infrastructures.
- Strong experience implementing and configuring various Hardware include Blade Frame from multiple vendors such as HP, Dell and Cisco.
- Experience in providing Engineering support for multiple projects and creating BOM and BOE documents
- Strong experience with Hyper-Converged Technologies
- Strong Windows 2008/2012 server administration, builds, troubleshooting and support
- Advanced Linux REHL 6.x – 8.x server administration, builds, troubleshooting and support
- Experience with EMC Storage systems
- Understanding of Network File Systems (NFS)
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals
- Experience deploying and managing HP and Cisco UCS Bladeframes.
- Understanding of Active Directory Group/User objects
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Experience with equipment Racking/Stacking
- TCP/IP network troubleshooting
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job