The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Performance Tester, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Performance Tester for a Contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- Evaluate technical documents and identify performance test needs; types of tests, scripting scenarios, and volume projections as required. Coordinate and collaborate with multiple groups to determine, gather and verify performance test needs.
- Develop workload simulation matrix and determine scripting scenarios.
- Develop a Performance Test Plan/Strategy document that includes short and long-term test objectives, types of tests required, workload matrix, and scenarios.
- Develop test scripts and load projections needed to simulate virtual users.
- Develop test execution scenarios for various types of tests such as load, stress, duration/endurance, and run tests.
- Create solutions and conduct performance tests to improve availability, performance, reliability, capacity and scalability in the application, system or database layers.
- Administer deep-dive and methodic performance degradation diagnostics/troubleshooting and propose viable explanations.
- Identifies application performance bottlenecks and facilitate root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrence.
- Ability to performance heap and thread analysis, CPU, memory, database deadlock detection, understand and detect resource contentions.
- Suggest improvements and configuration changes that improve performances.
- Document test results and develop custom-made summary reports to satisfy both technical and none-technical stakeholder.
- The United States residency requirement: A minimum of 3 of the past 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of progressive IT experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 6 to 7 years of experience applying extensive technical expertise in the area of performance testing and advanced scripting
- 6 to 7 years of experience with LoadRunner and Performance Center
- Experience in developing multi-protocol script such as Web-HHTP/HTML, TruClient, Web Services, Citrix ICA, Java over HTTP, Oracle NCA, ODBC
- Advance knowledge of identifying application performance bottlenecks and root cause analysis
- Possess full knowledge of industry standard SDLCs, including Agile methodology. - Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
- Experience with the following Application Performance Monitoring and Profiling tools; New Relic, HP Diagnostics, and CA Wily
- Hands on experience in building test automation scripts, frameworks and test harness solutions using test automation tools
- Design and develop test automation solutions and scripts using Unified Functional Test (UFT) or Selenium Tool to improve testing productivity is a plus
- Experience with HP ALM in Quality Management process areas like Requirements Management, Test Management, Defect Management, Test Configurations and Release Management
- Experience in creating test artifacts, creating and maintaining documents such as performance test plan and results analysis
- Familiar with the Jenkins and the target process
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude; Strong dedication to customer service.
- Strong analytical (ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions), organizational and communication skills
- Strong desire to succeed and contribute individually and as a member of a team
- Proficiency in the use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with QTP/UFT testing tool
- Experience in capacity planning
- Experience with end-to-end application performance tuning
- Experience with HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM)
- Experience with Java scripting
- Experience with IT Federal contracting
- Experience in the Health Industry
- Experience developing test cases, execute, generate evidence files, defect tracking
- Holds active certification in any Software Testing and in LoadRunner/Performance Center
- Growth oriented, sincere desire for self-betterment
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job