ETL Data Engineer/Analyst, Chantilly, VA
Our client is seeking a ETL Data Engineer/Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Chantilly, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
Data Engineer/Analyst performs a critical role in the development and implementation of complex solutions supporting the complex data analytics, business intelligence, and reporting necessary to provide decision support services for the business areas. This position is a combination of a technical data engineer (70%) and data analysts (30%). It is a hands-on role in terms of development / running queries against Hive databases in support of data build outs, analysis, QA, data profiling and report reconciliation.
- Opening and mining data from Hadoop/Hive/Oracle and xml files for the purpose creating reports.
- Writing HiveQL / SQL queries to perform required ETL transformations needed to produce data sets required for BI.
- Review data diagrams to understand entity relationships.
- Analyze data to identify potential data quality issues.
- Working with team members across different spectrum.
- Capability to lead discussions and meetings.
- Work closely with Data Architects and customers to assess complex business needs. Identify and define client business requirements based on evolving policy directives.
- Define the scope of the effort, the key resources and critical activities to contribute to LOE discussions.
- Apply a solid understanding of the business needs and available data to propose and document design requirements.
- Communicate with multiple teams to ensure requirements are clear and understood from both a functional and technical perspective.
- Ensure process, definitions, metric designs, and metadata are used consistently, and that documentation is updated accurately and available for all team members.
- Strong, solid, practical knowledge of SQL.
- Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/Hive/HDFS/Spark.
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT and experience in Data Warehouse specific data processing/manipulations.
- Experience in Unix environment (shell scripts).
- Ability to individually conduct in-depth data analysis to assist in developing code, validating business assumptions, reconciling reports and investigating issues. This requires a firm understanding of database concepts, entity relationships, and basic advanced SQL and demonstrated prior use of those skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral).
- Strong problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies, agile methodology in particular.
- BA/BS degree and 7-10 years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of hands on SQL / XML experience in Unix environment, preferably using Hadoop.
- BA/BS degree and 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of hands on SQL / XML experience in Unix environment, preferably using Hadoop
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.