The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Cognos Administrator, Chantilly, VA
Our client is seeking a Cognos Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Chantilly, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools.
- Administering, configuring, tuning, and maintaining Cognos BI 10 & 11.xx in non-prod and Production environments
- Performing daily Cognos activities, such as report/package/cube deployments, managing users access, monitoring schedules, and monitoring overall system
- Working with Cognos developers, IBM support, database administrators, and other IT operations resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure the system is working properly
- Managing Cognos servers, including applying patches
- Working closely with the report developers to manage deployments and security throughout the environment
- Researching, assessing, and implementing Cognos best practices
- Creating and maintaining Cognos user roles/permissions, working closely with the Active Directory Team
- Analyzing Cognos and other server/system logs daily to identify and proactively resolve those issues
- Act as the technical expert for support and enhancement issues
- Design, develop, test, and maintain Cognos infrastructure as necessary
- Knowledge of Cognos architecture design and implementation.
- Scripting skills in Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools
- Capacity Planning
- New database connections and security procedures skills
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in implementing application migrations to cloud providers
- Experience in managing AWS cloud services like EC2/S3/RDS etc.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job