The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Hadoop & AWS Software Engineer, Chantilly, VA
Our client is seeking a Hadoop & AWS Software Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Chantilly, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
The Hadoop & AWS Software Engineer plays a critical role in analyzing various data sources and developing data streams for a large Enterprise Data Warehouse deployed in AWS Cloud. The Software Engineer shall be responsible for developing ETL requirements by coordinating with business analysts and source system developers and develop ETL processes and data structures to support the required functionality. The successful candidate must have experience in a large Data Warehouse environment preferably in Hadoop and knowledge and working experience with the AWS cloud services.
- Analyze new and existing data sources for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Develop ETL requirements for extracting, transforming and loading data into the Data Warehouse.
- Create Interface Control Document (ICD) and designs for the new data streams and reports.
- Coordinate and collaborate with end users and business analysts in identifying, developing and validating ETL requirements.
- Develop quality, reliable and fault tolerant data solutions based on internal and external customers/users' requirements, applying best practices and new trends/technologies all along the solution lifecycle. ETL tool of preference is Pentaho Kettle (PDI) accompanied by Pentaho Report Designer, Pentaho Business Analytics and other open source tools, integrating them with local and cloud based resources (AWS EC2, Redshift, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Integrate external data into the data warehouse using REST API and web services among others.
- Deliver data reports to internal customers and external vendors through different data formats and delivery methods.
- Provide daily monitoring, management, troubleshooting and issue resolution to existing and new data solutions and systems' interfaces affected by them.
- Follow and implement Agile Best Practices for Data Warehousing, including solution versioning through Github.
- Support and develop BI solutions through Pentaho Business Analytics and/or Tableau.
- Bachelor’s degree and seven to nine years of related experience.
- Experience in a large Data Warehouse environment using ETL tools such as Pentaho.
- Experience documenting ETL mappings and good written skills.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience in Shell scripts, Java Map/Reduce, SCALA or Python coding
- Experience providing IT applications development and systems implementation services to federal customers.
- Strong communication skills.
- AWS certification is desired
- Experience in Hadoop environment is a plus
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job