The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Linux Systems Administrator, Chantilly, VA
Our client is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Chantilly, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- Maintain and support enterprise Linux based systems.
- Configure new servers, virtual machines, and PCs appropriately as required.
- Learn and apply virtualization strategies (VMWare, OpenStack, AWS, etc.).
- Provide technical advice on system architectures and workings of all computers, virtual machines, and other hardware utilized in each supported project ecosystem.
- Support DevOps team by providing routine OS, software, and application support for systems deployed both internally and at customer locations.
- Participate in a rotation with other personnel to provide onsite support coverage at customer location per contract SLA.
- Interact with customer’s end user community to provide technical and application support.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Participate in shift and on-call rotation schedule.
- BS degree or equivalent and 5-7 years of related experience.
- At least three years of work in the United States.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a CMS/HHS background check
- Implementing application migrations to cloud providers.
- Identify and recommend applications for implementation or migration to cloud services.
- 5+ RHEL systems administration.
- Perform system administration tasks in Linux and Windows Servers, including maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, software installation, upgrades, and backup/recovery.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures.
- Must have at least 1-year experience in managing AWS cloud services like EC2/S3/RDS etc.
- Solid knowledge in Linux Administration
- AWS certifications desired
- 1-2 years of Hadoop administration experience using one of CDH/AWS EMR/Hortonworks distributions.
- Maintain and monitor 100+ physical Linux servers and Virtual environments.
- Previous experience as a NOC Engineer monitoring and troubleshooting Servers (Unix).
- Strong scripting skills to automate infrastructure provisioning/monitoring and the deployment of software releases to development, QA, and production environments.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to complete tasks independently with minimal supervision. Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives (knowledgeable of how to perform this task).
- Experience supporting Virtualized and Physical environments.
- Familiarity with networking, storage, load balancing, virtualization.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job