The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
AWS DevOps Engineer, Chantilly, VA
Our client is seeking a AWS DevOps Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Chantilly, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- Continuous Delivery and Integration pipeline such as Jenkins
- Configuration management tools, Chef and/or Salt preferred
- Linux server administration and configuration
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Source control (Git) and package management tools (npm, pip, etc.)
- Test-Driven development
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Provide technical leadership in the development, design and troubleshooting of software applications or operating systems in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
- Assist with the development of various platforms and applications, including the automation pipeline.
- Collaborate with development/test teams to design, build, and deploy an automated platform.
- Develop well-documented code.
- Automate systems from infrastructure to application deployment using tools like Git, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or others.
- Develop playbooks for the repeatable deployment of system components, or for performing routine management/deployment tasks.
- Deploy, manage, and maintain applications and systems deployed to AWS.
- Design and develop new features based on the design goals and user feedback.
- Pro-actively look for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the pipeline.
- Develop and run test cases on applications and services as part of deployment process.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation when needed.
- Demonstrate expertise in both traditional development methodology and DevOps role.
- Adapt to a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and seven to nine years of related experience.
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with AWS cloud and DevOps.
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Candidate should have concise communication skills.
- Experience with securing Cloud environments preferred.
- At Least 3 years of experience and knowledge of some of these disciplines:
- Python/Ruby Scripting
- Solid knowledge in Linux administration.
- AWS certifications desired.
- 1-2 years of Hadoop administration experience using one of Cloudera Distributed Hadoop (CDH), AWS Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) or Hortonworks distributions.
- Familiarity with networking, storage, load balancing, virtualization.
- Shift and on-call rotation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job