The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Splunk Security Operations Engineer, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Splunk Security Operations Engineer for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
The Splunk Security Operations Engineer:
- Responsible for taking the lead on implementing security tools, security tool usage, keeping tools upgraded and configured properly, etc.
- Provides oversight and is the subject matter expert to lower level Security personnel.
- Responsible to monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, networks, databases, and Web-based assets.
- Conducts vulnerability assessments and monitors systems, networks, databases and Web-based assets for potential system breaches. Recommends and takes the lead on implementing changes to enhance security systems and prevent unauthorized access.
- Responds to alerts from information security tools. Reports, investigates, and resolves higher level security incidents.
- Responds to security tool outages, degradations in service, tune security rules and alerts, and setup/maintain security tool dashboards and reporting.
- Researches security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach. Ensures compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
- Educates and communicates security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees.
- Advanced level of expertise with Splunk.
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in at least one of the following areas: Windows, RHEL, Solaris, or Networking.
- Experience leading the deployment, installation, and configuration of security tools; to include the role of Project Manager.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Security certification or the ability to obtain one within 90 days is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not a requirement.
- Demonstrated work experience with the following: computer networking, cryptography, security engineering and architecture, vulnerability assessments, or operating systems required.
- Proven experience in performing administration functions of Linux/UNIX & Windows systems, network, firewall, and DNS experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and/or in a team setting.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; and strong critical-thinking skills in complex communication environments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong follow-through, prioritization skills, and perseverance to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal tactfully, confidently and ethically with both internal and external customers.
- Experience with Cloud security preferred.
- Knowledge of the security audit process a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job