The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- Perform the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of networks and computer systems with Linux operating systems.
- Set up user accounts on organization's servers.
- Run necessary system backups.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot problems on local area networks (LAN) and data networks using Linux operating systems.
- May perform some programming and may be responsible for script writing.
- Support RHEL servers in the enterprise environment, physical and virtual.
- Develop, document, and perform approved maintenance plans, assist with engineering efforts, test step-by-step instructions for performing maintenance and upgrade tasks.
- Perform scheduled weekend and after-hours work, as well as after-hours emergency work, as required.
- Support and troubleshoot issues associated with systems within a multi-tier and multi-lifecycle environment.
- Test, document, and implement new products in compliance with security policies.
- Extensive knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite involving configuration, best practices, and common troubleshooting.
- Experience in security vulnerability assessment and remediation. along with experience using Satellite server for security patching of RHEL servers is required.?
- Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL management concept.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- RHCSA, RHCE, relevant experience.
- Knowledge of common Network Operating Systems, Storage Area Networks, Desktop Operating Systems, and Email Server Systems, Microsoft Windows Systems, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Experience with Redhat’s Identity Management system (IPA) for account authentication is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of other server-based software packages including Symantec EndPoint, BackupExec, and NetBackup.
- VMware 5.X, 6.X Engineering and Operational Support.
- Knowledge of SAN and vSAN technologies.
- Knowledgeable of NIST, FISMA and ARS security policies and guidelines a must.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with scripting tools such as Puppet and/or Ansible is highly desirable.
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job