- Build, maintain, and deploy the application software in Production environment and lower environments.
- Develop automated deployment processes.
- Maintain the build environments for software projects and releases.
- Provide Tier3 level support for application software issues in upper environments.
- Monitor run-time environments.
- Develop run-books that detail building, deploying, and troubleshooting processes.
- Participate in Release Engineering.
- Promote and contribute to best practices in release management.
- Perform hands-on activities such as building, deploying, monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting.
- Contribute to ensuring maximum uptime and optimal performance in our Production environment
- Prioritize and rapidly troubleshoot application issues in upper environments.
- Plan and execute tasks within an Agile environment.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Develops solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Software Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Analyzing Information , General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- Effective collaboration with infrastructure teams, application development teams, testing and release teams
- Monitors the application systems for issues with disk space, CPU usage, memory problems or other issues that may impact the end-users.
- Organizes and documents the backup and recovery processes for applications as needed.
- Perform scheduled monthly maintenance weekend work.
- Perform after-hours (on-call) emergency work as required.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Working knowledge network and database connectivity as it pertains to Middleware applications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership and work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong Unix shell scripting skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Effective organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- At least 5+ years of software related experience are required (release engineering preferred, or software development).
- Solid understanding of SDLC, Release Engineering, and Automated deployment processes.
- Deep knowledge of build tools like Ant and Maven.
- Github, Jenkins experience a must.
- Experience with Jenkins, TFS/VSTS or other Continuous Integration tools.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Configuration Management tools.
- Extensive experience with Linux, Unix, Windows.
- Experience with VM, Docker, container solutions.
- Hands on experience with shell scripting / PowerShell scripting, etc.
- Experience with app servers like Weblogic, Websphere or IIS.
- Apache/Tomcat (7.0+) Web services.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.